Location: Basingstoke, UK
In this role you will work with key stakeholders within Sales, Engineering & Production to ensure the smooth efficient introduction of new and current cable assemblies. This role will ensure that our NPI processes are completed, tooling is correct, prototypes are built, and production efficiency improvements are identified.
The roles are autonomous with support being provided from Sales & Production when required.
Core areas of the role
- Ownership of product processes within the NPI project exit gates to ensure Production readiness.
- Carry out pre-production assessments on new projects
- Working with Sales, Quality and Costing Engineers to develop new process concepts and implement them into a production standard SOP.
- Direct NPI team to create first offs for NPI parts
- Document build process on NPI parts, including photographs, written instructions, and additional details such as translations or manufacturer’s instructions/datasheets
- Assist the engineering team to help maximise the conversion of new business.
- Provide technical support to both the UK and Romania production. (Opportunities to travel to our Romanian Facility)
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience within a similar Engineering role; advantageous if this is within the cable assembly industry.
- Ability to work and build relationships with stakeholders across the business.
- Excellent problem solving & communication skills
- Kaizen/ continuous improvement experience
GTK is a global provider of electronics solutions including cable assemblies, connectors, displays and manufacturing solutions.
Headquartered in Basingstoke, England, we have manufacturing facilities stretching from the Far East to Romania and in the UK. We have the capability to provide an extensive range of products and services to our customers.