As well as serving as our global headquarters, our 1,780 M² (19,200 ft²) UK building also houses our UK manufacturing facility.
This facility has been designed specifically to cater for the manufacture of high quality, custom made cable assemblies and harnesses, as well as complex box build products, which are assembled in our custom-built ESD room.
Take a virtual tour of our production facility or read on to find out more about the extensive production capabilities that we have in the UK.
Custom Cable Assemblies
Our cable assemblies are hand-built to the highest quality. Our UK production workforce comprises a broad range of expertise, allowing us to manufacture a diverse amount of assembly types, including:
- Simple earth leads and end-to-end assemblies
- Complex wire looms made up of different cable and connector types
- Rugged assemblies for military and aerospace applications
- High functioning, fully tested microwave and RF assemblies
Bespoke Box Build
We also have the necessary equipment and expertise to provide customers with a high level box build service, all from within our custom-built ESD room. This can cover a range of technologies, such as:
- Simple PCB enclosures
- Plastic and metal material types
- Complex rack builds
Automation & Efficiency
As part of our continual improvement, we are always assessing our practices and implementing new measures for increasing quality and efficiency. This ensures that we can provide the best service possible to our customers.
- Automated machinery that allows us to quickly process repeatable jobs such as jacket and wire stripping, IDC termination and ferrule crimping
- Over 300 hand crimp tools, allowing us to work with almost any OEM part
- World leading scheduling software to make sure that we work to the most efficient production plans
- Cell manufacturing system to develop specialist teams, ensuring high quality and fast turnaround
- Tracking OLE metrics like efficiency, utilisation and quality for each production cell, the results of which are all funnelled back into our data learning, allowing us to improve our service to customers
All of the products manufactured in our facility UK go through several stages of quality inspection, including a first-off inspection at the start of production, in-process inspection while work continues, and final inspection when a job is complete. Our inspection team is the final stop before product is ready to be shipped to customers.
As part of our continual improvement, we are always assessing our practices and implementing new measures for increasing quality and efficiency. This ensures that we can provide the best service possible to our customers. We hold several industry approvals that demonstrate our commitment to quality and process control across all levels.
- AS9100D certification, meaning that we are equipped to deal with the stringent quality demands of the aerospace, defence and security industries
- UL approval, allowing us to offer complete traceability on all of the wiring and components used in the manufacture of our cable assemblies
- ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 certification